Our talented development team consists of passionate gamers, driven to make the most fun, engaging and rewarding games and experiences for our players. This team is growing, and we're seeking an exceptional technical artist to join us in creating a new Virtual Reality game. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do.
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience as a technical artist, with deep understanding of the Unity game engine and game creation tools. If you value working in a highly collaborative team that celebrates artistic passion, creativity, innovation, and a strong desire to make big contributions to amazing games and experiences, we think this will be a great fit for you.
The mission of this role is to help forge the art pipeline, using your breadth of skill and experience to work between art and engineering to help us bring this game to life. Your role is challenging and varied; your domain extends anywhere from modelling tools, to rendering improvements. We look to you to solve hard problems using knowledge, creativity, and teamwork, ensuring that we hit performance while maintaining a high visual quality.
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in technical art in games industry
- Comprehensive knowledge and modelling skills in 3D content creation software.
- Comprehensive experience with Unity 3D.
- Deep understanding of runtime performance and how to scale and optimise visuals for different platforms from low-end to high-end hardware.
- Ability to create stunning yet efficient particle effects in Unity 3D.
- Thorough knowledge of VFX pipelines and shader processes used in game development.
- Experience with real-time and baked lighting in Unity 3D.
- Results-oriented driver who is self-motivated and collaborative, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and engineers.
- Passion for playing and making games.
Additional Experience a Plus:
- Familiarity with 3D rendering principles and/or shader authoring.
- Familiarity with animation rigging toolsets and workflows.
- Experience with Substance Designer and Painter.
- Experience developing games for VR.
Benefits and perks:
- Great career development
- Lots of variety in the games and technologies you'll be a part of.
- Highly impactful role as part of a small team delivering big things.
- Work from home - we provide all the tools and equipment to work as part of a highly collaborative team, remotely.
- Being a part of the out-of-home entertainment industry, we like to have frequent team events and enjoy what the industry has to offer.
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly self-directed personal development days and game jams