We’re Red Thread Games, the studio behind Dreamfall Chapters and Draugen, and we’re looking for a 3D animator to join the Dustborn
team. You can find out more about our new game by visiting this link: www.wearedustborn.com
We’re open to remote employees, though we will prioritise applicants who can work onsite in Oslo when the current health crisis has passed. We can provide relocation assistance to international candidates.
A background in games is not required, although it helps, and prior experience with Unity is a big plus. But the most important thing is a great showreel.
We're deeply committed to inclusiveness and diversity in the game industry, and we strongly encourage women, non-binary people, persons of colour and minorities to apply for positions at Red Thread.
You’ll collaborate with a friendly and inclusive team of fellow artists and designers to animate humanoid characters, robots, monsters, environments and effects. Your work will span all game systems and features, including combat, world interaction systems, dialogue sequences and cut-scenes.
This is a full-time position, starting early 2021. Given the current global health crisis, the development team is working remotely. Candidates for this position must be prepared to work from home for a period, and until further notice, before potential relocation is possible and advisable.
- Under direction from the animation director, you’ll work on a wide range of animations for both human and non-human characters, including loops, combat animations, cinematic animations, and facial expressions
- Ideally, you’ll also help with the rigging/skinning of characters
- Collaborate with animators, artists and designers to convey character personalities and game mechanics
- Work independently to ensure your tasks are delivered on time and to a high quality
- You’re a proficient and skilled 3D animator with prior experience in character animation, either from games or other media: it doesn’t have to be professional work, but you need a great showreel
- The job requires working in 3ds Max, but experience from Maya or Blender is sufficient (just be prepared to learn Max!)
- Rigging/skinning skills = a big bonus
- Solid grasp of the English language — written and spoken. (Norwegian language skills are not required for this position)
Click Apply To Job to learn more about working at Red Thread Games, and for instructions about how to submit your application for this position.