Our startup is looking for a 3D Modeling Generalist with Unity and VFX experience. In this role, the artist will create models (in Maya) and effects in Maya or Unity. The artist in this role will be instrumental in bringing a 5-minute Sci-Fi VR demo to a high level of visual polish. The VR Demo is built in Unity 2019.3 with the targeted platform being the Oculus Quest. We expect a total of ~30 assets that need to be created. Of those assets, we expect 10 of them to require some VFX and particle work. Experience with Unity VFX Graph and/or Unity Shader Graph is a major plus.
Compensation is for a 3-month contract. Pay depends on experience but can be estimated between 5K and 8K per month.
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya, general understanding of modeling/texturing/animating
- Demonstrated experience integrating assets into Unity
- Demonstrated experience producing effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam, and explosions.
- Experience developing consistent visual language across an ecosystem of effects and assets
- Ability to optimize models and VFX assets for games
Nice to Have:
- A work sample showing proficiency of Unity VFX Graph and/or Shader Graph
- Experience with Unity lighting techniques
- Experience with Unity’s Universal Render Pipeline
- Experience creating 3D assets and materials in other packages as needed to support effects [Blender, Substance Designer, Photoshop, etc. ]
- Experience with Unity Post Processing Effects
How to Apply
If interested, please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org
and provide us a link to your portfolio, highlighting any work done for games or VR.
About the Company
We are a group of LA-based coders, 3D-modelers, and interaction designers. We are a media company specializing in deep dives into fascinating concepts. We take your scientific (or nonfiction) concept, develop it into a script, and put it into a 3-minute Immersive VR experience.