CODE · UNDERDOG · FULLY REMOTE
Senior / Lead AI Programmer
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and pro-active Senior / Lead AI Programmer to join our busy Underdog studio.
We usually respond within a week
Our vision is for CI Games to become one of the world’s leading international games developers and publishers in our field, developing industry leading content and evergreen franchises, with a loyal global fanbase that loves to play and engage with our content. We are focused on building a truly global business that not only reflects our ground-breaking vision for CI Games studios, but also works with people and partners that reflect and instil our deep company values.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Lead by example and set standard for the AI team in the pursuit of excellence
- The ability to implement the required AI solutions for the game, coping with the game design intentions and the technical requirements to secure performance
- Understanding of all AI systems to work with and discuss needs from other departments and participate on the generation of cost-effective pipelines
- Understand, plan and work on any required AI feature in coordination with the rest of the code team (engineers and gameplay programmers)
- Work on other non-AI features or sub-features assigned, when required
- Take full responsibility of the assigned tasks from start to finish
- Work on backend for enemy and player skills, RPG systems, etc.
- Work on specific tools requested by combat designers
- Make sure all features are networked
- Work on TRCs related to AI
- 5+ years of experience as AI programmer
- Mentoring / Coaching Experience
- Big plus if part of your experience was spent developing FPS Shooter / Tactical FPS games
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Experience building AI systems for several Unreal Engine PC / PlayStation / Xbox games
- Deep familiarity, experience and knowledge using Unreal Engine Behaviour Trees, Blueprints and C++ across the entire pipeline of 3D game development
- Able to work flexibly on both routine and more complex tasks
- Ability to prioritise workload as well as being flexible and responsive to last minute changes
- High level of attention to detail
- Methodical approach to work
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to listen carefully and respond appropriately at all levels.
- Excellent proficiency in English
What we offer:
- Attractive remuneration, holidays and social events. Our environments thrive with collaborative team-work with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme.
- Flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Free games and merchandise
- Wrap parties for game releases
- Remote/Homeworking with flexible working schedules, a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming - forever
We are an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to building a diverse workforce, representative of the world we live and game in!
Accessibility is at the heart of our games and we reflect that in how we operate as a business. Should you require adjustments or flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at with us, please let us know in your application and we will accommodate to the best of our ability.