is a team of award-winning, independent game designers and developers. Founded in 2010 with a strong belief that games are more than entertainment, we shipped more than 30 games and gamified projects across all platforms and technologies. We are always looking for interns and working students interested in supporting our team, eager to acquire professional working experience or seeking cross-entry into the games industry.
We at Wolpertinger Games believe that games are more than entertainment. They are interactive media with the unique power to create personal, emotional experiences and convey relevant and meaningful messages. Games are a ubiquitous phenomenon and transform the way we work, learn and live.
We, the Wolpertingers, are dedicated to make highly sophisticated, polished and fun games. Games that entertain you, teach you, train you, help you, heal you and eventually even change you. To do that, we follow some basic principles for success.
Technology is a tool. We don’t restrict ourselves to one engine or platform, we embrace them. Creativity requires inspiration, curiousness, open mindsets and the right working environment. We foster these conditions by encouraging, exploring and experimenting but also by challenging ourselves and existing ideas and concepts.
We are professionals. We plan ahead, communicate, consult, manage our work, our partners and ourselves. Results are king. We understand the complex and iterative nature of making games. So we work agile, test-driven and with a mindful approach to player and customer feedback and happiness.
Becoming a Wolpertinger means joining a family. Wolpertingers take care for one another. Our team is made up of individual talents, skills and personalities – like a real Wolpertinger. Join these traits and get something unique, creative and magical – something bigger than the sum of its parts. Making games is our passion. Excellence is our quest. And a great working environment is the foundation.
We take fun seriously!
We are particularly looking for a friendly, pro-active and motivated:
3D Artist / Technical Artist (f/m/d):
- Your artistic focus is primarily on 3D modeling & 2D art for texturing with solid knowledge of rigging, skinning, animation and visual effects
- Great understanding of composition, scale, colors, lighting and how you trick the player’s eye into believing in your virtual world
- Proficient with Blender, alternatively Maya or Houdini, and good knowledge of Photoshop and the Substance tools
- Good knowledge of Unity engine’s asset pipeline to import and use your 3D art in-game and render it correctly
- In-depth understanding of the concept of shaders, materials and lighting and how to use these effectively and efficiently to render real-time graphics
- You love experimenting with style and artistic expression and can show it in a good portfolio of game art and/or very distinct style
- You are an enthusiast for both the artistic and the technological aspect of real-time rendering on PC, consoles and mobile devices
- You know what non-destructive asset creation is and how to organize your work for others to use it
- You know how to creatively use a limited palette of assets to create an illusion of variety and visually appealing worlds in the eyes of your players
- 2+ years of working experience as a 3D and/or technical artist
Bonus points for:
- Basic experience with programming, visual scripting and related technology to create interactive, dynamic game scenes
- Good experience with Unity engine and its world creation tools
- Practical experience in Level Design, preferably with open worlds, landscapes and cities
- Good visual and verbal communication skills
- You are highly structured in organizing and documenting your work to maintain control and oversight in even the most complex scenes and levels
- Experience with design & creation of contemporary buildings and vehicles
- Varied knowledge of games across all fields and genres, especially core games for PC, mobile and console
- Knowledge of project management and agile development methodology
- You have worked in a distributed, remote team before
- You worked with versioning systems like GIT
- Proven track record with at least one shipped game for PC, mobile or consoles
- Fluent in German
We’re looking forward to receiving applications from international Wolpertingers-to-be and are open to discussing a remote work environment.
If you don’t see your profile fully reflected in this position or you are looking for an entry-level position to break into the games industry, don’t hesitate to apply anyways.
For any position, we require you to be fluent in written and spoken English. Your digital application should include an online portfolio of your selected work and/or links to your game(s).
Surprise us! We love surprises.