Remote or Hybrid
* This can be an on-site or full remote position depending on location
Wolcen is searching for a Senior Environment Artist to join its environment art team working on an unannounced project in Unreal Engine 5. You are a great candidate if you feel confident with technical constraints of environment creation you are deeply interested in what makes an environment look great and always eager to improve your artistic eye in order to create unique worlds the player will remember.
We want to hear from you if you are also able to think one step ahead, to find solutions and suggest innovative workflows to help other team members grow with you
You would mainly be responsible for:
- Offering clear solutions to translate the concept arts and researches into optimized and beautiful 3D environments (Mainly props but level art as well)
- Being a proactive point of contact between other teams and environment art to dress the world in playful, beautiful, and easy to iterate on
- Giving feedback and sharing technical solutions to other team members on a regular basis (junior to senior).
- Offering clarity on task advancement in terms of schedule and in terms of chosen technical approach being chosen and consider its impact
- Being able to switch from a macro standpoint to a micro one and vice versa at any time to understand the impact of your choices on the team’s production but on the overall game’s production as well.
- Contributing to the creation of a good work environment inside the team.
- Other related responsibilities could be assigned depending on project needs
Skills & Requirements
We are looking for someone with previous experience working with various titles related to environments (props, lighting, texture, level artist) and released several games as a senior environment artist
- Very strong artistic eye in general, knowledge in art (painting, drawing, cinema, video games etc).
- Push the visual limits, seek to constantly improve over time and always get a step further in your work.
- Advanced technical skills to understand the impact that world building can have on performances.
- Strong observation skills, understanding the impact each object placed in the world could have on its surroundings.
- Attention to details and storytelling in a scene and prop
- Feeling perfectly confident with real time editors like Unreal engine.
- Feeling comfortable with Procedural environments creation techniques (Houdini, Blender etc)
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently, share updates on a regular basis.
- Knowledge using shaders would be a plus.
- Strong communication skills