About the Role
ToneStone is looking for a versatile UI Artist with a demonstrated ability to craft innovative, attractive UI designs, and familiarity with both 2D and 3D environments. This role will work closely with fellow designers and developers to establish functional, original, and attractive interfaces for our platform.
This will be a high-growth, high-ownership role where you’ll be responsible for creating visuals that bridge interface design with game art. You will work cross-discipline with the designers, vfx, audio team and engineers, with the ultimate goal of translating UI mock-ups to functional interface elements in the ToneStone app. As a creative team member, you will generate UI clarity and world-class design aesthetics to give players access to a new and ground-breaking level of music visualization and control.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and engineers to design and implement polished and fluid interfaces, leading to great user experiences
- Create game menus, navigation elements, in-world graphic design, logos, iconography systems, and motion graphics.
- Assist with the creation of product style guides
- Create gameplay mock-ups that comply with our style guide for new projects
- Build custom, visually exciting step-by-step storyboards
- Work together with the team throughout the design process, gathering actionable feedback and iterating at the appropriate levels
- 3+ year of experience designing UIs for games or other creative platform software mediums
- Experience with game/software development processes and working within production deadlines
- Experience creating UIs for multiple platforms
- A portfolio showcasing exceptional design skill
- Demonstrable experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Experience with game engines such as Unity and Unreal
- Strong communication skills and ability to clearly articulate reasoning behind design decisions
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment while helping others
- Ability to conceptualize, present and execute ideas within a tight schedule
- Ability to actively participate in technical and artistic problem solving.
- Strong understanding of working with style guides/specific Art Direction
- Up-to-date experience and interest in current PC and console games
- Passion for music or music making
- Relentless commitment to customer experience
- Design degree or commensurate work experience