Tatsu Works is a company passionate about connecting communities through Tatsumeeko, our modern fantasy RPG. We are looking for a highly experienced Senior Technical Artist in working on Tatsumeeko
, the next game expansion to our popular Tatsu.GG
platform used by more than 1.4 million Discord communities. We place fun gameplay, awesome user experience and mass adoption at the forefront of our creative vision.
We're looking for a Senior Technical Artist who has the technique/knowledge to optimise art for Unity usage. We are searching for someone who brings new expertise, is independent, has fresh ideas and enjoys collaborating with a multi-national cross-functional remote team to develop highly engaging gameplay features and bring positive user experiences all year round.
Senior Technical Artist Responsibilities
- Collaborating with artists and programmers to ensure assets can be efficiently integrated into our games.
- Maintaining and developing the efficiency of our workflow, content pipelines, and tools for the art team. Identifying and developing new systems and tools when beneficial.
- Evaluating, sourcing and developing the most efficient asset system or process that considers whether developing, co-developing or an off-the-shelf solution is best.
- Maintaining and sharing knowledge of cutting-edge industry trends and technology in content tools, processes, pipelines, and related hardware/software.
- Analysing and adjusting the framework for art asset creation that balances performance, efficiency and artistry, to achieve optimal run time visual quality and game performance.
- Analysing art asset performance efficiency and in-game usage to ensure excellent game performance by collaborating with engineers, artists and designers.
- Managing and Mentoring the technical art team.
- Task management for the art team and autonomously finding solutions.
You may be a good fit if you:
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience as a Senior Technical Artist and have shipped multiple titles on mobile or handheld.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a Unity project
- Expert knowledge of content creation software, especially 3d Software like Maya/Blender and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Unity Video Effects Graph & 2d rigging will be a plus.
- Experience developing for mobile and an excellent understanding of the performance characteristics of mobile hardware, Unity, scalability, performance profiling techniques and optimisation (CPU / GPU / Shaders / Models).
- Advanced knowledge of building, implementing and improving art tools in Unity.
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of lighting, shader creation and animation pipeline in games.
- A superb understanding of the technical aspects of game art creation.
- The chops to lead the creation of high-quality game art efficiently.
- Proven expertise in working with art teams and leads to delivering the game to the artistic vision.
- Excellent multitasking, organisational, communication, and team collaboration skills.
- Understand and embrace the speed of a growing startup
- Comfortable in working with remote team members in various timezones
- Willing to get your hands dirty and get work done
- Have a strong interest in anime and mobile games.
- Experience with pixel art games will be a plus.