Here at Super Spline we are a bunch of friendly, talented individuals, who thrive on creativity and the love of the art. We value every voice and we’ve worked hard to build a working environment that is warm and welcoming. We hold ourselves to the high standards we set out to achieve, without doing overtime. We go out as a team every week for lunch, cinema trips for research and organise social events with other local animators. Having a relaxed atmosphere allows us to do what we do best: great animation, great development, and provide a great service to all our clients.
Variety is the spice of life, and that’s what we think is unique about Super Spline. We get short and long term projects, ranging from console to high end mobile games, VR experiences to trailers. Each project has it’s own challenges and creative problems to solve. Say good-bye to working on a project for 4+ years and it never seeing the light of day.
- A friendly relaxed team atmosphere with a commitment to open communication.
- No Crunch. Ever.
- No project fatigue.
- Relocation bonus.
- 20 days paid holiday + 1 per year up to 24.
- Your birthday off.
- Christmas closure for 1.5-2 weeks.
- Flexi time (39 hours per week).
- Pension scheme
- Half a day every week for training (Jnrs/Mids)
Our full-time positions are in our Leamington Spa studio, but remote work is also possible. (Please note: we are fully remote whilst Covid-19 is a threat)
We are looking for an experienced Animator with practical knowledge of game development who is also a lover of faces.
You will be working with the animation team on AAA Next Gen Console titles to create believable high-quality character animations with an emphasis on facial animation. You should have a keen eye for a dart, pushing emotions and to sell the thought process. A strong understanding of the principals is essential with a brilliance for adding character and personality to your work.
- Create high quality, hand keyed facial animations.
- Work with the project leads and collaborate with other disciplines to ensure the animations work as intended in the game.
- Ability to adapt and work with new technologies and workflows.
- Work with both handkey and motion capture data.
- Problem solve typical game dev issues
- Previous experience in games development, preferably with a shipped title under your belt.
- Strong key frame animation skills with an emphasis on facial animation
- Knowledge of FACs and facial anatomy a bonus
- Ability to switch up styles from cartoony to realistic
- Experience working with motion capture data.
- Capable of meeting schedules and commit to delivery dates.
- In depth knowledge of Maya.
- Ability to implement your work in engine, working with anim graphs.
- Experience in Unity and UE4 advantageous.
- Be a team player, open to take and offer feedback.
We are looking for an animator who has the desire to help make awesome games. Applicants must be in UK/EU timezones for ease of communication. We are offering a 6 month contract for now, though this has the potential to become a full time position.