NUKKLEAR is an independent, rapidly growing Games Studio based in Hannover, Germany, with a long, established culture of remote work. We formed a strong development team without borders, that has developed games for a variety of platforms and publishers over the past 10 years, most recently the revival of the hit franchise Comanche for THQ Nordic.
Now we are looking to expand our Team for our newest Project!
We are proud to be partnering with FUNCOM on the next big Survival game set in the legendary DUNE universe, and are looking to support our international development team with creative and experienced Game Designers.
As a Senior Game Designer at NUKKLEAR, your day-to-day tasks involve preparing and presenting high- to low-level design goals from and to the director’s board, designing features and taking them through the full development cycle from high-level design to shippable quality as well as maintaining and balancing them.
• Efficient communication of design goals to different stakeholders
• Understanding of high-level design request and being able to translate them into low-level design documents
• Taking full ownership for features and keeping an eye on dependencies and deadlines
• Collaborating across disciplines, teams and time zones to make sure that features are designed and implemented in the best possible way
• Hands on in-engine work with balancing and prototyping
• Serve the development team as a source of truth, supporting whenever questions arise
3+ years of experience as a Game Designer
Great understanding of game design fundamentals.
Great understanding of what makes a gameplay experience engaging
Excellent communication skills.
Takeing ownership and able to self-sufficiently solve problems.
Experience working in large scale projects across multiple time zones.
• Extensive knowledge of UE4 or another comparable AAA game engine
• Strong knowledge of scripting languages, preferably UE4 Blueprint System
• Extensive knowledge in open-world, survival, racing and MMORPG genres
• Permanent remote position within Germany
• Work with an experienced international team
• A unique opportunity to work on an established Sci-Fi License
• Flexible work-life balance
• 26-30 Vacation days a year
Do you want to be part of an unique and ambitious AAA Project, collaborating with the best teams in the industry, adapting one of the most renowned and popular Sci-Fi IPs for modern gaming audiences?
Then please send your complete application documents including work samples, your portfolio, CV, your earliest start date and your salary expectation today.
If you are using Gmail as the default Email in your browser,
mailto: links may not work as expected.
If that's the case, please copy and apply to this email
NUKKLEAR is a game development studio based in Hanover, Germany, but the team is one without borders, geographical or otherwise. Since its inception, NUKKLEAR has built a team of the best talent they could find, from Germany to New Zealand, veteran game developers to rising stars. Professionalism, flexibility, and a little bit of rock and roll have been the foundation of the great work NUKKLEAR has done in their 10-plus year history.