Position: 3D Artist
Contract/For Hire: Full-time
NUKKLEAR is an independent game development studio based in Hannover with team members working remote from all around the world. We are looking for our next full-time 3D Artist, to join the team and work on an unannounced AAA title.
As a 3D Artist at NUKKLEAR, your day-to-day tasks involve preparing and presenting high- to low-level design goals from and to the director’s board, designing features and taking them through the full development cycle from high-level design to shippable quality as well as maintaining and balancing them.
• Hard Surface modelling of vehicle interiors and exteriors
• Mid Poly Workflow
• Producing high quality models and textures
• Understanding of high-level design request
• Being able to react to ad-hoc design questions and tasks
• Working together with the QA Team to get bugs worked on
• 5-7 Years of modeling experience
• Perfect knowledge of Mid Poly Workflows
• The ability to work with technical restrictions related to real-time engines like Unreal Engine
• Exceptional modelling skills as well as good knowledge in Blender and related plugins (Hard OPs / BoxCutter / Decal Machine), Zbrush, Substance Painter and Photoshop
• The ability to work in a self-organized way, with curiosity and innovative thinking, strong communication skills, fluent English and the ability to work in a decentralized, international team.
• Experience in game development processes
• Great collaboration and problem-solving skills
• Self-reliance, self-motivation, good communication skills, and team-player attitude
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English
• Experience working in the game industry
• Work experience as a 3D Artist in an AAA environment
• Extensive knowledge of UE4 or work experience with another AAA game engine
• Experience in creating models related to vehicle combat
• Extensive knowledge in open-world, survival, crafting and MMORPGs
International applications are welcome, but a working permit for Germany is a huge plus.
Please send your complete application documents including work samples, your portfolio, CV, your earliest start date and your salary expectation.