Lead Game Developer
Who are Mezan Studios?
We are a small, independent game development studio focused on producing stellar video games from the Middle East. We strive to provide a platform and a voice for aspiring game developers in the region.
We’re pouring our hearts into developing Nightscape - an atmospheric adventure game inspired by ancient Arabian astronomy. A core component of Mezan Studios is unearthing inspiration sources from the region and translating them into fun and meaningful experiences for gamers.
Our goal is to build a diverse team of talented people, and inclusivity is very important to us. We offer support and training to new hires and aim to help our developers become the best that they can be.
Who are we looking for?
An experienced Lead Developer to join our growing remote team on an unannounced project. This role offers the opportunity to lead our coding efforts on brand new games from prototyping to launch. Salary is competitive/negotiable.
We encourage autonomy, professional agility and curiosity to explore new avenues. Your main tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Be the architect of our games code bases and implement gameplay concepts
- Work collaboratively with game designers and artists to implement new features
- Mentor other developers within the team
- Regularly refactor to maintain a sane and flexible code base
- Rapidly prototype and experiment with game design
- BSc in Computer Science and 3+ years professional experience with at least one shipped game
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming skills (C, C#, C++)
- Strong understanding of the Unity game engine and it’s workflows
- Comfortable prototyping and working with iterative development process
- Ability to analyze game designer requests and iterate with designers to deliver implementations that are fun and engaging, while still being robust and performant
- Comfortable contributing ideas toward various aspects of the game’s production and development
- Passion for video games
- Excellent writing and speaking skills, in English
- Knowledge of Arabic is a plus but not a must
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Statistical/data science exposure
- Demonstrate autonomy, attention to detail and solution-oriented creativity
- Be results oriented and have the ability to work under pressure
- Most importantly: comfortable working collaboratively with a strong team spirit in mind
- Full time remote working with infrequent physical meetings at certain points in time
- Becoming a part of a newly established studio is your chance to materially influence how we do things, make an impact and take responsibility.
- Be part of a dynamic team that is open to initiatives and ideas
- Big opportunity to learn and potential exposure to other areas of game dev / business
- Ownership and agency of your field of expertise.
- We value a learning environment so plenty of room to learn and grow.
- You can have a real impact on our games.