Duration: Full Time
Location: Liverpool or Remote
We’re looking for a VFX Artist to work with our experienced team on an exciting new console title.
- Work with the art team to create and author realistic and efficient particle VFX
- Create textures in software packages such as Photoshop and Substance
- Create 3D models, animations and simulations where necessary in Maya or equivalent
- Create in engine shaders and materials for VFX
- Review and implement feedback from Directors
- Experience of using 3rd party engines such as Unreal Engine
- A good knowledge of 3D art tools such as 3ds Maya or Max and 2D Art tools such as Photoshop
- Technical knowledge of console performance, specifications and limitations
- Knowledge of art pipelines in game development studios
- Ability to work in collaboration with designers, coders, tech artists and art directors
- An understanding of shaders.
- Great communication and problem solving skills.
- Experience on AAA console games
- Experience working with UE5 VFX systems, such as Niagara
- Knowledge of Houdini to generate assets for realtime VFX
For this position we will need to see a demonstration of your talents, please send your CV and include links to any released games, demos or projects that you’d like to show us.
Lucid Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
NOTE: This listing is part of Remote Game Jobs commitment and on going efforts to help game talents find new home during these unfortunate times of mass layoffs. If you know of any affected individuals that might benefit from it, please consider sharing it with them. You can also check the studio's Company Website from the Company Info box to see if they have more openings.