We’re looking for someone who can own the user experience for the dot big bang platform, analyse user flows, create UX guidelines, and implement web UI using React that follows those guidelines. The split of work will be approximately 50/50 between UX and UI. This is a full-time position.
We have intentionally removed academic qualifications from all our job specs. We welcome applicants of all ages, genders, work histories and academic qualifications who can demonstrate the requirements below. Our work environment is welcoming and open. We value diverse perspectives and backgrounds, and work hard to make sure everyone in the company has a voice.
Create UX guidelines that can be applied across the dot big bang platform.
- Understand the vision, goals and spirit of the project.
- Create and maintain user experience guidelines that meet those goals.
Develop web UI
- Based on the UX guidelines you create, develop web user interface components using React that follow those guidelines.
- Work with the rest of the team to develop features for the dot big bang platform and editors.
- Organize formal user-testing of new UX and UI features. Gather data and use that to ensure features are meeting our goals.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse project requirements and develop clear, structured and concise user experience guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to implement web user interfaces that follow user experience guidelines.
We are a distributed company and have been since 2014. We organize around two time zones, Pacific Standard Time (UTC -8), and UTC 0 (GMT). While we prefer people to be in those timezones, we do make exceptions!
How to apply
Each application should consist of:
- A CV/Resume listing the projects that you’ve developed UX guidelines for and UI you’ve implemented with specifically what you did for each one.