ART · CI GAMES GROUP · FULLY REMOTE
Senior VFX Artist
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive Senior VFX Artist to join our busy studios and support driving CI Games Studios forward as we experience exponential growth.
Apply for this job
We usually respond within a week
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive Senior VFX Artist to join our busy studios and support driving CI Games Studios forward as we experience exponential growth. To be successful in this role, you will be a team player with exceptional attention to detail whilst delivering excellent customer service to those within the studio.
You’ll be joining the team on an ambitious and original open world survival game with a horror thematic. We’re putting a unique twist on the formula, both in mechanics and the environmental challenges we set for the player. Visual quality is paramount, so we’re building in Unreal Engine 5.
- Delivering a first-class experience, taking initiative, and maintaining passion for high quality work, is required for this rewarding yet often demanding role.
- Creation and development of VFX effects, especially particle systems for our games.
- Ensure that the VFX effects are performant and supporting the desired visual style of our titles.
- Ensure that VFX supports and highlights gameplay in the best possible way.
- Supporting the art team with feedback on visuals and performance, especially when it comes to achieving highly appealing effects
- Reporting directly to the Associate Lead VFX Artist
- Anticipating, identifying and articulating problem areas and developing preventative solutions
- 3+ years of experience in VFX, especially with games VFX
- Must have shipped a minimum of 1-2 titles (for PC and Consoles) as a VFX artist
- Experience with Unreal Engine Niagara, Autodesk Maya/3D Studio Max, and other related software
- Able to find the balance between visual quality and real-time rendering performance
- An eye for what looks natural/believable
- Able to keep content relevant to the current projects art style and work within those limitations
- In-depth knowledge of VFX principals and good sense of timing and staging
- Able to work flexibly on both routine and more complex tasks
- Ability to prioritise workload as well as being flexible and responsive to last minute changes
- High level of attention to detail
- Methodical approach to work
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to listen carefully and respond appropriately at all levels
- Excellent proficiency in English
What we offer:
- Attractive remuneration, holidays and social events. Our environments thrive with collaborative teamwork with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme.
- Flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Free games and merchandise
- Wrap parties for game releases
- Remote/Homeworking from anywhere in Europe with flexible working schedules, a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming - forever
We are an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to building a diverse workforce, representative of the world we live and game in!
Accessibility is at the heart of our games and we reflect that in how we operate as a business. Should you require adjustments or flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at with us, please let us know in your application and we will accommodate to the best of our ability.
CI Games Group