Blue Wizard Digital—an independent game studio in Comox, BC (Vancouver Island)—is seeking an experienced full time Unity C# Mobile Game Programmer to help develop a brand new title for mobile platforms (iOS & Android).
In this role you will be working with, and extending, an established codebase to bring our game design to life. Passion and commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product are essential.
What You Will Do
- Implement game features & functionality as per communicated game design.
- Communicate with team members and project leads to establish effective pipelines and workflows.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code.
- Work closely with a UI Designer to code accessible, streamlined game UI.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the game.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to address and mitigate problems.
- Work with the project manager and testers to identify, prioritize, and resolve bugs.
- Help to maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
What You Will Bring
- 3+ years’ experience programming games for mobile platforms.
- Shipped a mobile title or personal gaming project(s) you’re proud to show off.
- Experience in C# and Unity, including experience with scripting, textures, scene management, and Unity UI tools.
- Some familiarity with level design and planning.
- Experience with mobile game development & optimizations (iOS and Android).
- An understanding of professional software engineering best practices, agile development, code reviews, source control management, build processes, and testing.
- An understanding of how to profile for platform-specific performance bottlenecks.
- Strategic time management skills and a commitment to executing tasks to completion.
- Previous experience with platform/third-party integrations:
- Google Play Games Services
- Apple Game Center
- Firebase Analytics / DeltaDNA or similar
- The patience and intestinal fortitude to work with pre-existing code.
- Accessible communication skills, both written and orally.
- A somewhat morbid but healthy sense of humour.
- Experience developing Unity games for console and/or desktop platforms is a HUGE plus!
Full Time; Remote or In-Studio
Negotiable depending on level of experience.
Our ideal candidate could start immediately.
After more than a decade of making gems clink and pegs… peggle, PopCap co-founder Jason Kapalka (Bejeweled, Peggle, Plants vs Zombies) founded Blue Wizard Digital in 2014 to provide an outlet for ten years of pent-up violence and lust, with the goal of creating the sexiest, violentest games ever released on mobile, PC, and console platforms. A cabal of degenerates soon shambled from their swampy dens to join this unholy crusade.