Archiact Interactive is a Virtual Reality (VR) Game Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting edge emerging technology. We are a hybrid studio with employees all across Canada, reporting into our headquarters in Vancouver, BC. We have a new studio incorporated in Toronto, Ontario. Our Ontario studio is 100% remote at this time, with plans to open a new office in the future.
We have published over 30 VR tiles since 2013 on every major platform and in every major global market. Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are currently in the early stages of several new and highly innovative projects with prominent industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR game development.
Archiact’s core values are focused on innovation, diversity & inclusion, kindness & respect, creative integrity, open communication, and the strong belief that VR game experiences offer unique opportunities for human connection, discovery, well-being, and joy.
At Archiact, equity, diversity, and inclusivity are developed and directed by our employees, allowing us to build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible and meaningful to a wider audience. We seek to nurture a safe, inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer who enjoys working on an agile and fast paced team that is bringing high quality VR projects to life.
We are a hybrid Vancouver-based studio so are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely. We also offer relocation assistance to candidates who wish to move to BC, Canada.
You are comfortable working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets and personalities. You enjoy the creative problem-solving process required to bring original concepts and high-profile IPs to life in an immersive experience. You thrive in teams and are open to bringing new ideas to the table to assist in raising the quality bar of the end product.
- Contribute code, game enhancements, and features in different areas including engine, gameplay, AI, and / or online subsystems as necessary.
- Collaborate with a diverse team (artists, designers, and engineers) to create, iterate on, and polish game features.
- Ensure that quality standards are met and maintained through well-planned original code architecture, bug fixing, and testing.
- Contribute innovative and unique ideas for solving technical problems.
- Develop frameworks and libraries that can be used across different VR titles.
- Some related professional industry experience is preferred, ideally within game development (this can include internships, placements or co-ops).
- Proficient in Unity Engine with C#.
- Experience with designing high-quality, reusable code.
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures, and software design patterns.
- Strong understanding of linear algebra and other mathematics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- A team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- A passion for playing and making video games.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in a VR headset (this position will require much of the workday within Virtual Reality, which might be difficult for those with motion sickness).
- Experience with Source control, Visual Studio, and JIRA.
- Experience working with VR hardware.
- A Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?:
- A competitive base salary.
- Comprehensive extended health and wellness benefits including employee assistance program (in effect from the first day of employment, premiums paid in full by the employer).
- Annual Health & Wellness allowance.
- 3 weeks paid parental leave (top-up on EI).
- Generous annual vacation time and sick days.
- Paid studio closure for the Winter Holidays.
- We offer the choice of fully remote, in-studio, or a hybrid work arrangement for Vancouver employees. Team members in other provinces are welcomed on a remote working basis.
- Relocation assistance for candidates outside of BC, Canada.
- An opportunity to work on a high-profile IP.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An inclusive and diverse team and atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR gaming.