ABOUT US: Archiact Interactive is a Vancouver-based Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR) Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting edge emerging technology.
OUR GAMES: Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are currently in the early stages of several new and highly innovative projects with leading industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR and AR game development. Interested? Read on.
OUR VALUES: Archiact’s core values are focused on innovation, diversity & inclusion, kindness & respect, creative integrity, open communication, and the strong belief that VR game experiences offer unique opportunities for human connection, discovery, well-being, and joy. At Archiact, equity, diversity, and inclusivity are developed and directed by our employees, allowing us to build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible and meaningful to a wider audience. We seek to build a diverse team, and to nurture a safe, inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive.
ROLE OVERVIEW: We are looking for a 3D Artist who enjoys working on an agile and fast paced team that is bringing high quality VR projects to life.
This is a 6-months fixed-term contract role with the possibility of an extension or turning into a full-time position. We are a Vancouver-based studio but are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely.
You are comfortable working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets and personalities. You enjoy the creative problem-solving process required to bring original concepts and high-profile IPs to life in an immersive experience. You thrive in teams and are open to taking on new challenges to assist in raising the quality bar of the end product.
- Collaborate with the team and other artists on defining concepts and implementing them into full 3D VR scenes
- Conceptualize, layout and set dress 3D VR scenes in headset on a wide range of styles and subject matter.
- Work with Team Leads across various disciplines to enhance gameplay, environments, UI/UX, and memorable cinematic moments.
- Organization and maintenance of art assets, adhering to established pipelines.
- 1+ years of experience as a 3D Artist at a PC, console, or mobile games studio.
- A 3D art portfolio to demonstrate your skills and experience.
- Proven ability in creating VR art or in taking environments from concept through to set dressing, lighting and complete final scenes.
- Experience working with VR/AR hardware.
- Proficiency creating and modifying textures in Photoshop.
- An eye for lighting and using it to establish high quality environments.
- Knowledge of Maya or Max, and Substance Painter.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- A team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working with VR/AR hardware.
BENEFITS AND PERKS - What’s in it for you?:
- A competitive base salary.
- 4% vacation pay.
- Comprehensive extended health and wellness benefits including employee assistance program (in effect from first day of employment, premiums paid in full by the employer).
- Health & Wellness allowance.
- 3 weeks paid parental leave (top-up on EI).
- Paid studio closure for the Winter Holidays.
- We offer the choice of fully remote, in-studio, or a hybrid work arrangement for Vancouver employees. Team members in other provinces are welcomed on a remote working basis.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An inclusive and diverse team and atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR gaming.