We are seeking a talented Realtime VFX Artist to join our remote team working on an exciting family-friendly IP at Zelgor Games! The job will require working closely with our artists, designers, and engineers to create realtime VFX in the Unity Game engine. The ideal candidate will be a great team player who is self-motivated and can thrive in a collaborative environment.
What You Will Be Doing
- Participate in the creative process;
- work with the Art Director to gather references and create game effects that match the visual style of the game
- Work with the designers to iterate on readability, clarity, and accessibility
- Bring in-progress and prototype effects to completion
- Create real-time visual effects for things like environments, hazards, and projectiles
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure that assets fall within set parameters in regards to performance and best practices.
For this position, we’re looking for:
- Real-time VFX expertise including:
- Particle systems
- Unity Shaders
- Sprites and 2d art layer creation using tools like photoshop
- Experience with 2d animation
- Ideally implementing it in Unity
Bonus points for experience with:
- Character modeling
- UV mapping
- Pre-rendered fluid simulation
- Fully Remote
- Friendly, diverse team
- Flexible hours
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please apply today! This position will be filled quickly.
This is ideally a full-time position, but we are open to contracting until we find the right candidate.
Email Your Portfolio(required,) Linkedin, and optionally a resume to Phil@Zelgor.com