Want to help teleport enterprise collaboration into a 3D, cloud-based, virtual world? Want to push the boundaries of performance and transform the remote working experience? VirBELA (www.virbela.com
) develops collaboration, learning, and assessment tools for global industry and education.
VirBELA is seeking individuals who are mature, inquisitive, reliable, self-directed, and interested in developing virtual worlds, simulations, and computer games in a rapidly growing business. As a Unity Engineer at VirBELA you will be working on a cross-disciplinary team that includes organizational psychologists, corporate leaders, virtual world specialists, and domain experts.
Our ideal candidate will have expert knowledge in software systems engineering and design in areas relevant to the development of virtual world platforms. This can include experience in software development for games, simulations, or other multi-modal platforms.
- Develop code for complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions
- Optimize performance in algorithm design
- Work closely with technical artists to implement virtual world technologies
- Collaborate with other engineers to support new virtual world operations
- Proficiency in object-oriented design and programming in C#, C++, and/or Java
- Experience with Unity/C#
- Understand system interdependencies and limitations
- Understand engineering best practices
- Knowledge of industry prior art
- Solid coding practices including design, unit testing, and peer code-reviews
- Highly proficient in design and analysis of algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented design
- Strong technical credentials, with 3+ years of development experience.
- Unity experience required, along with other game engine technologies.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science