ABOUT OUR TEAM:
Our motto is, “make the world a better place”; and we try to do this through the games we make. Invention is part of our DNA at Spry Fox. Whether it’s by designing MMOs that encourage the development of friendships and discourage toxicity, or by designing unique puzzle games that promote English language learning; we’re always asking ourselves “how does this game improve your life?”
Spry Fox strives to be a studio that is a pleasure to work for, an important but not dominating part of your life, and recognizes crunch is a negative, counter-productive industry practice — something to be learned from and avoided in the future. We want you to have friends, family, hobbies, and a life outside of work. We want you to love your colleagues and know that they support you 100%. We want you to be proud of what you do and how you do it.
For 10+ years, we’ve been fully remote with Foxes scattered all over the world. To make that work well, we all try to be online and communicative from 10am to 2pm PST to ensure that we have enough overlapping work hours with our team; otherwise, our schedules are flexible and fully under our individual control!
Now that we’re a part of Netflix, we can do what we love with more support and without having to worry about how to monetize! We’ve always been focused on making thoughtful, original games… now more than ever.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Spry Fox is looking for a Sr. Tools Engineer who’s passionate about empowering others. In this role, you will support the team across all disciplines in ways that multiply our efforts, improve team efficiency, and help us create the best games we can.
You’ll work with our Art, Design, and Engineering teams to identify workflow inefficiencies, pain points, and problems in our development process. You’ll collaborate with the team to generate candidate solutions, weigh tradeoffs given the problem context and development schedule, implement the chosen solution, and support the adoption of the solution by the team. You’ll also be responsible for supporting, growing, and maintaining Spry Fox’s existing set of engine-specific and custom tools that we use every day.
- Proactively Identify inefficiencies and problematic areas in our development process across disciplines
- Maintain, extend, and support existing development tools
- Build and support custom asset pipelines
- Grow Spry Fox’s proprietary libraries, tools, and technologies across game engines and platforms
- A strong passion for empowering others to do their best work.
- Experience with the full tool lifecycle: discovering problems, evaluating potential solutions, implementing tools, and evaluating their effectiveness
- Experience working with custom standalone tools
- Experience creating tools that are used by many game development disciplines
- C#, C++, Python experience
- Capable of working effectively in a self-directed environment
Nice To Have
- Experience with custom game engines
- Unreal or Unity experience
Required Application Materials
- Resume outlining relevant experience
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $160,000-$200,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here