Position: Game Designer (Senior)
Contract/For Hire: Full-time
NUKKLEAR is an independent game development studio based in Hannover with team members working remote from all around the world. We are looking for our next full-time Game Designer to join the team and work on an unannounced AAA title.
As a Game Designer at Nukklear, your day-to-day tasks involve preparing and presenting high- to low-level design goals from and to the director’s board, designing features and taking them through the full development cycle from high-level design to shippable quality as well as maintaining and balancing them.
· Efficient communication of high- to low-level design goals
· Understanding of high-level design request and being able to translate them into low-level design documents
· Taking full ownership and responsibility for features and to keep an eye on dependencies as well as ensuring that deadlines are met
· Making sure that communication and cooperation, as well as the implementation process, runs smoothly
· Collaborate with programmers and artists to make sure that the features are designed and implemented in the best possible way
· Balance parameters in the engine and with the help of spreadsheets
· Being able to react to ad-hoc design questions and tasks
· Good understanding of game design fundamentals: game systems, balancing, flow, pacing, motivation, player guidance, etc.
· Good sense of what makes a game fun
· Experience in game development processes
· Great collaboration and problem-solving skills
· Self-reliance, self-motivation, good communication skills, and team-player attitude
· Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English
· Experience working in the game industry
· Work experience as a Game Designer in an AAA environment
· Extensive knowledge of UE4 or work experience with another AAA game engine
· Understanding how to apply scripting languages, preferably UE4 Blueprint System, or experience with scripting/programming
· Experience in designing features related to vehicle combat
· Extensive knowledge in open-world, survival, crafting and MMORPGs
International applications are welcome, but a working permit for Germany is a huge plus.
Please send your complete application documents including work samples, your portfolio, CV, your earliest start date and your salary expectation.