This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Art and Animation Jobs.
Senior UI/UX Artist
Mino Games is looking for a new Senior UI/UX Artist to join our fast growing team. You want to work on a new IP- Imagine Avatar the Last Airbender + Mass Effect?
💪🏻What Challenges Await You:
Mino Games is embarking on an amazing journey to design a fun and engaging multiplatform game. We need YOU, the Senior UI UX Artist, to formulate a player’s journey so our audiences can flow through and navigate the game interfaces with ease. You will also be responsible to render high-fidelity UI assets that are eye popping, jaw dropping, and awe-inspiring. We are not exaggerating here, because your talents are out of this world! More precisely, you’ll get to:
- Develop UX wireframes to map out a user’s journey for gameplay. (Low Fidelity)
- Collaborate with prototype engineers to mockup rough wireframes and sequentials.
- Design card designs for the NFT collections.
- Modify existing logos and create new logos as we expand our game offerings.
- Utilize rapid kitbash techniques to mockup quick UI for visual communication with the production team. (Mid Fidelity)
- Conduct visual exploration and style discovery and maximize your artistic vocabulary and art references to suggest multiple visual approaches to UI designs. (High Fidelity)
- A strong individual contributor that can render beautiful-looking, high-fidelity UI while being flexible to style changes. (Collectors/Dimensionals)
- Experienced in using 3D software to assist with Iconography and UI rendering.
Export / Optimization:
- Handing designs off to developers
- Collaborate with developers to constantly revise and optimize assets
- Conduct research on competitors to understand how users might expect the product to look and behave based on their experience with similar products
Contribute design ideas to marketing contents as well as website graphics.
- While this is not the UI artist’s main focus, their graphic design vocabulary should be able to cross contaminate into marketing efforts for Dimensionals as well as Collector’s franchise.
Documentation of Best Practices
- Develop documentation of execution and UI style guide for Dimensionals UI and Collector’s Franchise.
- Assist in setting up marketing graphics processes and creative checklists for better production output.
- Maintain and curate UI learning journal to document common mistakes and to automate basic processes.
- Create and upkeep an UI/UX bible for style guide.
Feedback and Mentorship
- Work with the UI team to solicit feedback and initiate necessary production change to increase output and quality of UI assets.
- Be a mentor to junior UI/UX on the team.
- 5+ years in mobile games / desktop game development.
- Strong UX sensibilities - able to drive flows from screen to screen.
- Strong UI design and rendering skills - able to create themed UI to sell the narrative of the IP
- Experience working closely with other departments (Devs, Product/ Game Designers/ Art)
- Fast learner with a desire to absorb new skills.
- Be open to constructive criticism and able to work in an iterative production process.
- Experience working with Web3 NFT games.
⭐Perks & Benefits
- Paid Vacations: We offer 20 days of PTO (Paid Time Off) a year!
- Unlimited Sick days: Feeling unwell? Not to worry, we got your back! You can take either half or a full day of PTO to recover!
- Holidays: We follow local statutory holidays in Canada. Even our international employees get to enjoy those as PTO.
- Training: We can offer training classes and workshops to develop and deepen your skills so you can continue leveling up.
- Independent Creativity: Mino Games is independent, which means we can be as creative as we want without being limited by client demands!
- Activities: Our Office Happiness Task Force will always surprise you with the team and company-wide surprises and activities, including our quarterly event: the Minopalooza!
Mino Games hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you’re curious and would like to know more, apply!