Are you are a game developer and software engineer who has a proven track record of working on launched games? Do you have an interest in and experience of developing or supporting game servers? Do you care about database performance, latency and making millions of players happy? Have you worked on mobile platforms?
If you check some of those boxes, read on!
This position is a great opportunity for someone with a few years in game development with some proven server engineering experience. Come join a team where you can make a difference, learn new skills and help us make great games!
Our team is small and you will be expected to play a part in shaping the team's technology and engineering practices. Ideal candidates will have completed at least one project on Android and/or iOS, and like all of our hires, you need to be a good team player.
How You'll Contribute:
- Working within a team to build scalable features for innovative simulation games!
- Optimizing features to ensure that our players are never impacted by load on our game servers and databases
- Setting up and maintaining server infrastructure
- Helping to secure the service from cheaters and fraudsters
- Working with client engineers to ensure that features are developed with minimal server load and cost
- Explaining complex problems clearly and presenting potential solutions and their advantages and disadvantages
What You’ll Need:
- Demonstrable experience in building and scaling an online game service
- Knowledge of noSQL and SQL databases
- Experience working with cloud services such as AWS, Azure or Google App Engine
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms and their impact on service quality and cost
- Familiarity with networking protocols
- A passion to continue to improve yourself and those you work with
- A working knowledge of C# or C++
- Bachelor’s degree or better in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Lua
- Fraud or anti-cheat protection experience
What We Offer:
- Flexible schedule, in sync with West Coast hours and when required some overlap with the end of the UK day
- Fully remote
- 100% paid medical/dental/vision for you and your family for US employees
- Performance and profit share bonus potential
If you made it this far, and are still interested and think you are a good fit, we would love to hear from you!