Duration: Full Time or Contract
Location: Remote or Liverpool, UK
We are looking for an Experienced Physics Programmer to join our expanding team to work on a range of new titles across console and PC platforms. You will be working directly within a team of physics and technical programmers and be responsible for working with our physics solutions to accurately simulate actions such as collisions, soft bodies, fluids etc..
- Work with the Principal Physics Programmer to support the requirements of the game teams
- Develop systems on top of industry established physics solutions such as PhysX, Havok, Chaos
- Collaborate with the Art and Level Design teams to establish and ensure best practices
- Assess existing physics functionalities and determine whether or not they meet the requirement of current and future projects
- Profile and optimise the physics system where necessary;
- Suggest improvements and design and implement new systems where necessary;
- Document the workflow and train other team members in how to use the physics systems and it’s functionalities;
- Experience working with physics systems and established Physics engines like PhysX / Havoc
- The ability to work autonomously and be self motivated
- Strong physics/maths understanding
- Strong C++ experience
- Good knowledge of game engine architecture and code design patterns
- The ability to work with others in different disciplines
- Understanding of game engine workflow, particularly Unreal Engine 4
- Experience in building custom physics solutions across a range of game engines.
- Worked on multiple released to market game projects
- Experience with profiling tools
For this position we will need to see a demonstration of your talents, so include links to any released games, demos or projects that you’d like to show us.
If you think you meet the requirements and are interested in working with the team then send your CV and a demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucid Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees