This is a remote position for Canadian residents only, with an option to work in-office if you're located in Victoria, BC.
- Love to deliver impactful player experiences
- Enjoy respectful debates, even with your leaders
- See the value in every player
- Understand that you win and lose as a team
We Believe In:
- Autonomy and the freedom to express your ideas
- The power of small teams
- Building meaningful connections through lasting social games
- Making mistakes, embracing our failures, and learning from them
- Transparency fostered by communication and collaboration
Driven by PLAYER OBSESSION, we look to craft unparalleled gaming experiences.
OWNERSHIP is our compass, propelling us to deliver exceptional results.
With a spirit of RESOURCEFULNESS, we fearlessly tackle challenges and defy limitations.
Driven by the ethos of CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT, we foster a culture of perpetual learning and growth.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Principal Software Engineer with expert-level knowledge of Unity to join our Idle team. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will play a key role in shaping and executing our game development strategies of our live Idle games, while providing technical mentorship to our development team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Leading the design and development of our Idle games using the Unity game engine
- Driving technical innovation and providing guidance on architectural decisions and best practices
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including artists, designers, and developers, to deliver high-quality and immersive game experiences
- Mentoring and guiding Junior/Intermediate Developers, fostering their growth and ensuring adherence to coding standards
- Conducting code reviews, identifying areas for improvement, and optimizing game performance
- Staying abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies, exploring opportunities to enhance our games
- Collaborating with stakeholders to define technical requirements and project milestones
- Actively contributing to the development and maintenance of technical documentation
Your background should look something like:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience as a game developer, with a dedicated focus on Unity for at least 4 years and at least 1 released title.
- Deep understanding of supporting mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Deep understanding of the tools and processes involved in operating a game-as-a-service
- Ability to provide technical guidance, mentorship, and support to developers at all levels
- Expert-level proficiency in C# and strong knowledge of object-oriented programming principles
- In-depth understanding of game development principles, including gameplay mechanics and user interface design
- Solid experience with game optimization, performance profiling, and debugging techniques
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Passion for pushing the boundaries of game development and delivering exceptional player experiences
What we offer
- Competitive wages determined by market research
- Uncapped profit share program
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- Paid holiday shutdown in December
- 12 paid Care Days per year
- Yearly Continuous Improvement allowance
- A results-driven company with a compassionate culture
- Opportunity to work on game projects that are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide!
- Ability to make a difference. Have an idea? Talk directly with leadership about it instead of running through layers of bureaucracy