Insomniac Games is searching for a VFX Manager! This role will supervise the VFX department and help maintain the quality and artistic consistency of the department by upholding high visual standards set by the Art Director. This role is also responsible for the career management, training, and well-being of our VFX team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Works closely with Art Director to maintain quality and style consistent across all visual effects.
- Provides direction to visual effects artists for aesthetic and technical considerations.
- Works closely with the design and gameplay teams to produce visual effects that support gameplay, accessibility, and the user experience.
- Works closely with the Tool and Engine team to develop new or improve upon old technologies to improve visual effect quality.
- Works closely with art and animation teams to produce spectacle cinematic moments and support game narrative.
- Works with Project Management to maintain a clear and consistent schedule.
- Works to develop the skills of other Visual Effects Artists.
- Participates in the planning for a project’s visual effects.
- Works with other departments to ensure that assets are delivered in a timely manner.
- Supervise bug distribution and verify bug fixes.
- Ensures that all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace, are addressed immediately to foster a safe work environment.
- Other duties may apply
Supervisory Responsibilities: Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience: 8+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with Maya and visual effects packages, proficient working with joints and locators, keyframing, rigid body simulations.
- Advanced understanding of complex node-based shader networks such as those used in Unreal Engine 4, Houdini, etc.
- Proficient in Photoshop for painting and editing textures. Knowledge of other visual effects software a plus.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio for consideration. We look forward to reviewing your submission!
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role may be eligible for bonus and SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. Click here
to learn more.
This is a flexible role that can be remote, with varying pay ranges based on geographic location. For example, if you are based out of Seattle, the estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.