Furcula Inc. is looking for an experienced generalist programmer to play a major role in developing the studio’s first game.
This is a remote contractor position for at least 17 months work, to start as soon as possible.
Furcula is a brand new studio based in Toronto, Canada with the purpose of creating strange and stylish little games. The company was founded by experienced videogame artist, Toby Dixon (formerly art lead on Atomicrops
, Nidhogg II
With the backing of a major publisher secured, we’re now looking to hire a small team to create our first game, a fierce but whimsical top-down shooter with charming pixel graphics.
The job will involve collaborating closely with the creative lead to develop all aspects of the game, in Unity/C#.
As the lead developer on a very small team, you will guide the project through a wide range of technical challenges while helping to shape the game’s design along the way.
You may also be called upon to help find solutions or create tools to assist the work of others on the team.
- Proficiency in Unity and C#
- C++ development experience
- Experience shipping a videogame, preferably on a console
- Desire to wear a variety of hats, comfortable with learning new skills where needed
- Positive, considerate communicator
- Experience working on a small team
- An interest in being involved in conversations around the game’s design, art, etc.
- Willingness to seek out and use time saving solutions where appropriate
- Reside in Ontario, Canada
To apply for this position, please send an email with your CV attached to email@example.com and put “Lead Unity Developer” in the subject line.
If you are able to, please also include links to any games you’ve worked on.
As a fledgling company, we aspire to be an inclusive and positive presence in the lives of the people we work with.
Potential candidates from underrepresented backgrounds of all kinds are especially encouraged to apply.