Located in UTC -1 to UTC +3
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey, to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 200 people located in 3 studios: Norway, US, and Portugal. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
You Mission at Funcom
Funcom is looking for a talented and experienced server/network programmer to work on and help shape the next iteration of our server technology. The team’s current primary focus is building the infrastructure for our next large scale multiplayer survival game based on the Dune IP.
As part of our core technology team, you will design, write and optimize engine features, working closely the rest of the team as well as the game programmers and designers.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Strong c++ skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory constrained environments.
- Good understanding of the Unreal Engine network architecture, including the network driver.
- Experience designing and developing server/client games or frameworks.
- Experience optimizing server for large player counts, including load balancing.
- Experience writing code for multiple platforms (Windows, Linux).
- Aptitude for breaking down complex problems into small/manageable tasks.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!