WHAT IMPACT CAN A LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER HAVE AT ESG?
East Side Games has an immediate opening for a Lead Software Engineer to lead the engineering team for a fiercely independent group that champions co-development efforts with partner studios leveraging ESG’s own proprietary technology.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you are known for your people and project management skills that you use to lead teams of engineers towards a technical vision that you help create. You're known for having strong technical skills, but also tempering your decision-making with business and customer value in mind. Your ideal team? One that collaborates and is cross-functional, a team where you can work with various groups from customers, businesses, and technical needs.
This position is open to qualified engineers in any industry!
OUR TEAM'S MISSION
To empower our customers with the tools and knowledge to save time and reduce risk developing Idle Games.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Champion the vision for our co-development framework to partners and customers, while adapting the technology to their specific needs.
- Be solution-oriented, collaborate in a multi-disciplined team to solve problems, but also be prepared to do some hands-on engineering to get sh*t done!
- Lead, manage and coach a team of engineers, and develop their careers
- Leverage your technical skills to create roadmaps that balance technical performance, customer needs, and company business value.
*** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- 6+ years in game programming, simulation programming, or games middleware.
- 2+ years in leading a small team of Engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Experience in product development and Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Experience with server-side technologies and cloud computing platforms, including Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience both developing and driving technical roadmaps, providing a clear technical vision.
- Experience in project management for software products.
- Proven ability to write clean, well-documented code.
- Customer service-oriented mindset.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with the Unity Engine and C#.
- Experience working in a startup-like, agile environment
- Experience scaling Engineering teams and leading bigger teams
- Experience working as a developer support engineer in a related field.
- Experience working in a B2B environment or related field.
- Experience working with external developers/engineers.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games - proudly built in beautiful BC. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined and become the leader in the narrative idle gaming space, writing the playbook on LiveOps in the process. Our huge IPs serve a traditionally under-served audience globally... And we’re just getting started!
Community is everything here. We put people at the core of what we do. Our games and our team have the same goal; to be inclusive and for everyone. We get sh*t done and our team is on hand to step in, listen, and support, regardless of rank. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share refreshments with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture
! We note that our culture is not a monolith, and is ever-changing based on the folks holding space at East Side Games.
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equitable employer that values justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of marginalized backgrounds, particularly QTBIPOC folks, to apply, and will acknowledge and value the strengths you bring to foster yours and the studio's growth.
If this sounds like something you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus
here! Let’s build great games together.