At Digimancy Entertainment, we love role-playing games, and we’re passionate about telling collaborative stories with our players. We’re a distributed, 100% remote studio, founded by industry veterans who are known for making games where the player’s choices shape their experience.
We are seeking an experienced Engineer to join our team!
This long-term contract position is remote work and does not require relocation. You will be collaborating with other disciplines to develop engaging and memorable gameplay ideas and bring them to life.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Curiosity - bad for cats, great for engineers: fluency in standard programming languages (C++ preferred) and the ability to write out solutions to questions raised. We need an enthusiastic self-starter and problem solver.
- A willingness and readiness to write and debug game code from core gameplay systems to shaders to third-party libraries.
- An ability to take ownership of a complete system. Comfortable designing, developing, testing, and documenting features for games in conjunction with the other disciplines.
- Collaborate with other engineers, from technical design phases to implementation of related systems.
- Be able to communicate with designers and artists to ascertain their needs and accommodate them.
- Strong familiarity with the code review process, as well as with version control systems such as Perforce, Git, etc.
- A generalist who can work in game code, game engine, tools, and support services
- 2 years working in C++
- 1 year working with version control systems
- 1 year working in game development
- Fluent in English
- Experience working remotely
- Experience with current and next-gen consoles
- At least 1 shipped title
- Familiarity working within an agile environment
- A passion for video games, especially RPGs and RPG-hybrids
About Digimancy Entertainment
We’re known for making games where the player’s choices shape their experience. We’re passionate about telling collaborative stories with our players, and we aim to delight them by reacting to their decisions in fun and innovative ways.
Digimancy is based in Columbus, Ohio, but we embrace a remote model of game development. We’re happy to work with talented game developers no matter where they’re located.
Our three founders have a combined 60 years of game development experience, focusing on RPGs and RPG-hybrids. Their credits include Neverwinter Nights 2 and its expansions, Wasteland 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords, Pillars of Eternity, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Dungeons & Dragons Online, The Elder Scrolls Online, and Shattered Galaxy.
How To Apply
If this sounds like you, then we’re eager to meet you! Please send us the following documents to HR@digimancygames.com
- List of shipped titles