AAA Games Studio, a Titan of the Industry with over 2,000 global employees seek a Senior Physics Programmer to help develop an exciting new console game.
Senior Physics Programmer
The Senior Physics Programmer will work as part of the engine team to maintain all aspects of the physics engine. Working alongside the in-house vehicle physics and destruction teams to bridge the gap between requirements of the gameplay team and the supporting teams.
They will support the gameplay team to make the most of the physics in UE4 and extend UE4 where necessary.
Maintenance of the physics modifications when Unreal is upgraded would be part of this role also.
Reports to the Lead Gameplay Programmer
What will you do?
· Work with the physics team
· Work closely with other disciplines to identify tools needs and gather detailed requirements
· Design, implement, document, and maintain the extensions to the Unreal engine related to physics
· Actively look for ways to improve the physics performance
· Monitor and attack Technical Debt at all times.
What are we looking for?
· 5+ years programming experience in the gaming industry
· Previous commercial experience in game physics
· Strong practical experience of C++
· Loves working in small, cross-disciplined feature teams
· Great verbal and written communication skills in English
What additional skills/experience will help you stand out?
· Commercial experience in UE4
· Experience working with highly distributed teams
· Experience operating a live free-to-play game service
· Russian language skills would be a plus