Who is Cold Symmetry?
Cold Symmetry was founded in 2017 by a core team of four, and is best known for our debut title Mortal Shell. The studio is composed of AAA creators that bring their passion and curiosity for making games. Our distributed development model allows us to work with the brightest and most talented people in the industry around the world.
Why you’re ready to join Cold Symmetry
You have no time for bureaucracy and process-heavy pipelines. As a creator, you thrive at studios where you are given the freedom to run and own your features without micromanagement. We trust you. We know you’re great. We know what you can do… so let’s create the next visually-stunning AAA game together, and most importantly: Let’s have FUN doing it, together.
Your Impact on the Team:
- You’ll be joining our project in the prototyping phase and contribute key ideas to the overall feel and play of the game
- You’ll work closely with Engineering & Animation; developing key AI & Animation systems within UE5
- Design AND implement! You’ll be extremely hands-on in the implementation of our Combat systems, AI and combat scenarios
- Push the boundaries of next generation AAA combat!
- Maintain and tune AI combat behaviour and parameters through to complete projection
- Lead experimentation, playtests and testing on the combat systems. We run a lot of playtests and these iterations will hugely impact the fun factor
- You’ll make the game fun and engaging, but you’ll be able to explain WHY to the rest of the team
- Work closely with a small but highly talented Production team to create schedules for Design
- Documentation! You’ll be clearly communicating design goals and process for features, levels and systems
Skills and Abilities We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years experience working on games, with one AAA title shipped preferred
- Ability to work autonomously, without micromanagement but still deliver on goals
- Ability to make mistakes but learn from them. We know you won’t get everything perfect every time and we don’t expect you to
- Deep understanding of game mechanics, combat systems and AI NPC design
- Solid understand of game design processes and methodologies
- Previous experience taking a game from concept through to launch and being able to contribute to the core of the early design loop
- Experience working in Unreal and next gen consoles
Do I need to meet All Criteria to Apply?
Nope! If you share our mission of creating AAA games in a distributed and high caliber team, we want to connect and learn more about your curiosities, passions and experience! contact us at: email@example.com