Work remotely. Never crunch. Completely flexible hours.
Bitwise Alchemy is a successful consulting studio composed of senior developers from the AAA industry. We have recently started development on a fully funded game of our own and need a talented animator to bring our characters and creatures to life.
The game is a uniquely inspired fusion of tabletop roleplaying and deadly roguelike dungeon crawling. Be anyone, pick your starting location on the world map, and set out in any direction you please. Explore beautifully illustrated lands and delve into dark and mysterious dungeons. Solve puzzles, do battle with fantastical horrors, and utilize your own unique skillset to navigate and survive the dangers lurking inside. Or take the more diplomatic approach and join guilds and befriend factions. Negotiate with princes and warlords, take on odd jobs and discover secret plots, and climb the ranks to uncover the diabolical forces that threaten the kingdom from within. There is no wrong approach, and the choice is yours to make. The only question is, "will you survive?" .
The primary presentation for the game is 2D illustrations for both the backgrounds and the characters. We are looking for a talented artist to establish the vision for our combat and NPC animation direction.
Below are a couple image links demonstrating the art style for the game:
The pre-production team will be very small, less than 5 developers. During full production we expect to have an additional 3-4 artists. Development is expected to take roughly 2 years, but we'll only ship something we're proud of.
- Significant experience in 2D animation.
- Experience with Spine animation.
- A portfolio with 2D animation assets.
Nice to Have:
- An enthusiasm for fantasy, RPGs, OR strategy games.
- Experience with Unity. Character animation, UI elements animation, VFX.
What we offer:
- 100% remote. We are a remote-only studio.
- Comprehensive benefits in the US. (401k, health, dental, vision, etc)
- Regular full time employment in Canada or the US. Contract worldwide.
- A working environment that respects creativity. We do NOT crunch.
- An asynchronous work process that allows for completely flexible work hours besides the occasional meetings.
- Stability. We have long term contracts with numerous large clients.