Archiact Interactive is a Vancouver-based Virtual Reality (VR) Game Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting-edge emerging technology. We are a hybrid Vancouver-based studio with employees working remotely from all over Canada. We are a hybrid studio with employees all across Canada, reporting into our headquarters in Vancouver, BC. We have a new studio incorporated in Toronto, Ontario. Our Ontario studio is 100% remote at this time, with plans to open a new office in the future.
We have published over 30 VR tiles since 2013 on every major platform and in every major global market. Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR, and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are currently in the early stages of several new and highly innovative projects with prominent industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR game development.
Archiact’s core values are focused on innovation, diversity & inclusion, kindness & respect, creative integrity, open communication, and the strong belief that VR game experiences offer unique opportunities for human connection, discovery, well-being, and joy. At Archiact, equity, diversity, and inclusivity is developed and directed by our employees, allowing us to build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible and meaningful to a wider audience. We seek to build a diverse team, and to nurture a safe, inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive.
We are looking for a passionate VFX Artist who enjoys working on an agile and fast paced team that is bringing high quality VR projects to life. The VFX Artist reports to the Lead Technical Artist and collaborates with the Art Director to establish and maintain the VFX art direction.
We are a hybrid Vancouver-based studio so are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely. We also offer relocation assistance to candidates who wish to move to BC, Canada.
You are comfortable working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets and personalities. You enjoy the creative problem-solving process required to bring original concepts and high-profile IPs to life in an immersive experience. You thrive in teams and are open to bringing new ideas to the table to assist in raising the quality bar of the end product.
- Collaborate with 3D Artists and the Art Director to establish and maintain the VFX art direction.
- Work with Team Leads across disciplines to enhance gameplay, environments, UX/UI, and memorable cinematic moments.
- Optimize VFX in a range of styles for in game and in engine use, stylized VFX using traditional animation techniques and pre-rendered simulation capture.
- Create in-engine materials and shaders with the assistance of the Technical Art department, and Render Engineers .
- Organize and maintain the VFX assets while adhering to and improving the VFX Pipeline.
- Excellent art skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Previously shipped a PC, Mobile, or Console game.
- Advanced knowledge of real-time particle systems, shaders, materials, and texturing.
- Proficient with creating and modifying textures in Photoshop.
- Experience creating games on multiple platforms (PC, Mobile, or Console).
- Experience using Unreal Engine.
- A passion for making and playing great video games (+1 for VR).
- Strong communication skills, highly creative, and self-motivated.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- A team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working with VR hardware.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?:
- A competitive base salary.
- Comprehensive extended health and wellness benefits including employee assistance program (in effect from first day of employment, premiums paid in full by employer).
- Annual Health & Wellness allowance.
- 3 weeks paid parental leave (top-up on EI).
- Generous annual vacation time and sick days.
- Paid studio closure for the Winter Holidays.
- We offer the choice of fully remote, in-studio, or a hybrid work arrangement for Vancouver employees. Team members in other provinces are welcomed on a remote working basis.
- Relocation assistance for candidates outside of BC, Canada.
- An opportunity to work on a high-profile IP.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An inclusive and diverse team and atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR gaming.