This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Design Jobs.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WB Games San Diego:
WB Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WBG SD is looking for a Senior Level Designer to design exciting, innovative, and balanced multiplayer levels for an upcoming AAA action game.
- Work closely with the design team and creative leaders on level designs
- Design and greybox exciting, innovative, and balanced multiplayer levels
- Continually iterate and test level designs against player move set, combat abilities, and player skill level (through audience testing)
- Distill and integrate aspects of iconic locations into gameplay set pieces
- Create replayable moments that are fun the first and five thousandth time
- Introduce variability to a mostly static map
- Work closely with environment artists to develop and deliver against the product vision
- Establish level design pipeline & methodology as the first member of the level design team
- Actively share knowledge within area of expertise and influence other related disciplines
- Be the voice for level design in cross discipline conversations and planning
- Mentor and advise other designers in level design process and best practices
- Assess new market trends, features, technologies and emerging techniques to stay competitive
- Work closely with production to manage development schedules, bug tracking, studio initiatives, and overall team health and morale
- Strong knowledge of level design principles, theories, and contemporary game trends
- Great writing, presenting, and team communication a must
- Well versed in all aspects of level design including documentation, greyboxing, and implementing interactive objects
- Understanding of landmarks, lighting, and silhouettes
- History of effective use of sightlines, opened vs constrained spaces, and balanced player cognitive load
- Experience with dynamic level layouts and fair hazards in a PvP environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Game Design or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience
- Shipped at least 2 AAA products on console or PC
- Solid understanding of UE4 and Blueprint
- Effectively communicate level design direction, requirements, and deliverables
- Art, programming, or audio skills a plus
- A deep love of video games