Game developers repeatedly say that multiplayer game creation remains one of their hardest challenges; balancing ease-of-use with performance and flexibility remains unsolved. As a result, we’ve seen far too little innovation in multiplayer games over the last decade, while creativity in single-player games has flourished.
We are looking for a Lead Tools Developer to help define and build the workflows Unity developers use to make multiplayer experiences. You will be given the freedom to drive large initiatives in this area aimed at improving everything from performance analysis to client/server developer iteration or even playtest coordination. Help us build a new suite of libraries and tools dedicated to creating a modern development experience tailored to multiplayer games.
- Hire a team of tools developers
- Help define the feature roadmap for multiplayer development in Unity
- Design and implement Unity Editor tools for network performance analysis
- Improve the developer experience for building and debugging client/server game architectures
- Collaborate with multiplayer SDK developers to understand and support their development
- Experience as a tools developer in a shipped game
- Familiar with UI/UX tooling best practices
- Understanding of modern game development workflows
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience with high performance programming, multi-threading, and memory management
- C# expertise
- Prior experience with the Unity engine
- Familiarity with multiplayer development concepts
We are open to hire at any Unity location in the Americas or our London office. Will also consider fully remote but candidate must be located in the same time zones as the location options listed above.