Treehouse is a development studio focused on creating games that are the best way for friends to spend time together. We’re looking for a passionate Gameplay Engineer to create core gameplay features, help drive tech and architecture decisions, and develop whatever code it takes to deliver our first live-service game to players. Candidates willing to relocate to Los Angeles preferred, open to remote working within the U.S.
- Prototype, develop and maintain core gameplay systems that lead to an incredible experience for players
- Leverage your Unreal Engine 4 expertise to set standards and help drive tech and architecture decisions for the team
- Build robust systems and tools that allow for efficient, scalable content creation for your non-technical disciplines
- Research new technology to deliver the best solutions
- Work closely with the Lead Engineer and integrate into a fully cross-functional team
- Bring ideas and provide feedback to improve both the holistic game and our team’s development process
- 4+ years of experience working as a gameplay engineer
- Professional experience with C++ or equivalent programming language.
- Shipped at least two titles using Unreal Engine 3 or 4
- Able to write well-documented and efficient code and clean, maintainable Blueprints
- Excited to contribute to an open and trusting work environment
- Authorized to work in the United States
- At Treehouse, every member of our team cares about the larger game we’re building together. We value every voice and we’re looking for fresh perspectives, so we hope candidates with diverse backgrounds will apply
- Passion for cooperative games
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Experience building scalable services for online games
- Base Salary, Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Life), and Equity
- Relocation Assistance Available
About Treehouse Games
We’re a development studio focused on building collaborative games for a growing, global audience of players who use games as their favorite way to hang out together. Based in Los Angeles, Treehouse is venture-backed and built by industry veterans - half of the team comes from gaming powerhouses including Microsoft, Riot Games and the original DotA mod, and half comes from successful indie startups like Sirvo Studios and Industrial Toys.
Treehouse is making cooperative experiences that are all about quality time spent with friends. Games that do this well today see amazing engagement among women and in regions around the world - we’re looking for diverse candidates with unique backgrounds to bring these and other meaningful perspectives to our team.