Role: User Interface Designer
Capacity: Full Time
Location: Work from home or from anywhere!
Salary Range: $60,000-$80,000 USD / yr
We are Supersocial!
An indie games studio focused on creating insanely fun games for the metaverse, starting with Roblox! The metaverse is an emerging universe of collective virtual spaces, where players can meet up online and play together in a whole new way. We build new game worlds for these immersive platforms, with unique stories and gameplay experiences that inspire all of us to connect, imagine, and create.
See you there!
About your role:
We are looking for a prolific User Interface Designer with a passion for creating social games. You have a favorite game UI and love to talk about your inspirations. Working closely with the Art Director, you will develop game UI based on concept art and insights driven from roundtable conversations with team members, with mobile technical specifications first but with intent that this can be used across platforms. You passionately maintain high quality and productivity throughout a project while meeting deadlines and love to see a project come together. You are committed to quality, taking pride in the final outcome and are excited to show off your professional work.
You will be:
- Design an aesthetically pleasing user interface for our game, and enhance the look and feel of the game from the user's point of view;
- Accurately translate design concepts into a consistent visual language in keeping with Supersocial’s brand identity;
- Act as a specialised generalist, whose primary focus is user interface but also enjoy wearing other hats;
- Collaborate and take part in discussions and provide valuable input as well as take constructive feedback;
- Speed: no messing around, we do it right the first time. We operate on trust and communication to commit and deliver awesome results;
- Efficiently apply graphic principles, while optimizing the working process;
- You are flexible and able to adapt to different artistic styles.
What we consider are must haves for this role:
- Game development experience or relevant portfolio
- Experience designing for mobile
- Interactive prototyping, creating wireframes
- A strong understanding of color and composition, shape and value
- Hand painted texturing experience, illustration or 2d portfolio
- Ability to operate in ambiguity and roll up your sleeves.
- High emotional intelligence and the ability to understand and design for young people
- Self-starter with ability to execute and deliver exceptional results when working remotely
- Experience working in a high paced environment, across multiple teams in different disciplines, with excellent relationship and communications skills
- Strong time management skills
- Passion for videogames and deep interest in gamer culture and art
What would be nice to have for this role:
- Experience creating art for young people - kids, teens, young adults
- Experience in other parts of the artistic pipeline
- Experience with Roblox
- Experience with various game engines
- Active artistically on social media, you love to share your process
What we offer:
Work from home or from anywhere! We have team members already in 3 different time zones working closely together with full transparency, efficiency and trust. We value our team members and believe each one has an important role in creating a unique, magical experience for our players! A strong and welcoming company culture: we love what we do and we love working together. You’ll love it too!
- Cash: competitive base salary
- Equity: stock in the company to make you feel like an owner, not an employee
Supersocial is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.