Role: Character Artist
Capacity: 3-4 month contractor, with full time opportunity
Location: Work from home or from anywhere!
Salary Range: $5-6k/month
We are Supersocial!
An indie games studio focused on creating insanely fun games for the metaverse, starting with Roblox! The metaverse is an emerging universe of collective virtual spaces, where players can meet up online and play together in a whole new way. We build new game worlds for these immersive platforms, with unique stories and gameplay experiences that inspire all of us to connect, imagine, and create.
See you there!
About the role:
We are looking for a character artist to help us create a diverse range of fun characters for the world’s fastest growing gaming platform . The ideal candidate loves working within all areas of the character pipeline with confidence, coming from a generalist background but having found their calling. You will develop characters based on concept art and collaborative teamwork discussion, formobile-first technical specifications, as well as high quality assets for marketing materials. You passionately maintain high standards and productivity throughout projects while meeting tight deadlines. And most importantly, you love to see a project come together as a true team player.
- Excellence: Work with the Art Director to drive and maintain high visual quality of characters;
- Collaborate: Take part in team discussions and provide, as well as take, constructive feedback and apply them confidently and quickly;
- Create: high and low poly versions of assets, poses, and renders, skin and animate your amazing characters;
- Speed: no messing around, we do it right the first time: measuring twice and cutting once. We operate on trust and communication to commit and deliver awesome results
- Expertise in relevant software packages - Zbrush, Max/Maya, Substance Painter
- Portfolio demonstrating your workflow, high poly sculpts, meshes and texture sheets
- Sound knowledge of the full 3D character production pipeline including rigging, skinning and animation.
- Understanding of traditional art principles including composition, design, shape language, and color theory
- Can be relied upon to quickly learn new processes and software as dictated by project needs.
- Experience in rigging or animation for games
- Entrepreneurial mindset: ability to operate in ambiguity and roll up your sleeves
- Exceptional operator with the ability to see the big picture
- Self-starter with ability to execute and deliver exceptional results when working remotely
- Experience working in a fast- paced environment, across multiple teams in different disciplines, with excellent relationship and communications skills
- Strong time management skills
- Passion for videogames and deep interest in gamer culture and art
Nice to have:
- Experience creating art across age demographics
- Experience within the gaming industry preferably with Roblox
- Illustration/Concept Design experience
- Experience with various game engines or proprietary software
- Active artistically on social media
- Experience with JIRA, Perforce and other Project Management Tools
What we offer:
Work from home or from anywhere! We have team members already in 3 different time zones working closely together with full transparency, efficiency and trust. We value our team members and believe each one has an important role in creating a unique, magical experience for our players! A strong and welcoming company culture: we love what we do and we love working together. You’ll love it too!
- Cash: competitive base salary
Supersocial is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.