How you’ll make an impact
You will be working full time as a Gameplay Programmer, involved in designing backend and frontend modular systems, using Roblox studios for the Roblox platform. You will respond to the Technical Director and be part of a cross-functional development team composed of Roblox-native developers, AAA developers, and industry-wide experts. You will play a key role in the development of our first game, Ghostopia, a multiplayer sandbox RPG set in a haunted world.
For more info, check the trailer and Twitter (@playghostopia). If you are passionate about RPGs with intricate narrative and captivating game design and exceptional graphics, this is the game for you!
You’ll be a great fit if you can
- Write clean and maintainable Lua code for cross-platform games, specifically for PC and mobile (or willing/able to learn)
- Use version control through Github, VScode and/or Rojo to make sure our games are maintainable and keep them running smoothly into the future.
- Work within a designated time frame, following a feature roadmap, aimed at delivering quality systems you can be proud of to our players.
- Use Jira to keep on top of tasks (or willing/able to learn)
- Collaborating and taking part in discussions, providing valuable input as well as taking constructive feedback.
- Sharing learnings and supporting areas with key insights from AAA industry.
- Work with Roblox and industry wide cross-functional team members in a collaborative environment
- Experience developing games professionally, and being part of a team that has shipped Mobile, PC, or Console titles
- Experience using Lua or other Object Orientated Programming languages such as Java, C# with ability to create and maintain modular codebases and architect gameplay mechanics and tools
- Willing to learn Roblox Lua AP and development engine
- Well versed in games and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games
- Entrepreneurial mindset: ability to operate in ambiguity and roll up your sleeves.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
Nice to have:
- Experience building for Roblox and using Roblox Studios
- Experience using Github and Rojo for version control.
- A polished past project which you have worked on as the independent developer or sole programmer
- Experience developing content optimized for UX across platforms, specifically mobile and PC
- Experience using Jira for project management