Studio Fizbin is an award-winning independent games studio with offices in Berlin and Ludwigsburg, Germany — making compelling and hand-crafted games since 2011. With over four game releases under our belt (Minute of Islands, Say No! More, The Inner World 1 & 2 and more) we are currently embarking on our biggest project yet, and we would like you to join us!
Studio Fizbin values diversity and strongly encourages people from marginalized groups to apply. We strive to be an inclusive workplace for any gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, different ability and other walks of life.
As Narrative Designer at Studio Fizbin you know that every action game is better when there is a good reason to fight. Project Kokidon is set in a science-fantasy universe where every item is dripping with lore and every character interaction plays a vital role in bringing our world to life.
You will work closely with our Creative Director as well as our art, tech and design departments to deliver immersive world building and gripping storytelling that rewards the curiosity of our players with a universe worth exploring and a story that stays with them long after they’ve put down the controller.
This position is a full-time opportunity with an immediate starting date.
- Must be based in Germany and own a German work permit, we unfortunately cannot offer relocation assistance at this stage
- Must have shipped at least one commercial title in a narrative or writing capacity
- Comfortable working in Unity
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills in written and verbal form
- English native language proficiency
- Affinity for epic, story-driven games
- Fondness of fantasy and sci-fi stories as well as historical language
- Ability to seamlessly incorporate overarching narratives into gameplay
- German language skills
- Based in Berlin or Ludwigsburg (remote work is otherwise great)
- Closely collaborate with our Creative Director and carry out a cohesive world building mission across all other departments
- Shape plot and key moments of the game story
- Translate storytelling into gameplay objects, quests and systems
- Write impactful character dialogue and intriguing lore texts for items and quests
- Create and maintain narrative asset lists, flowcharts and similar lore content
- Actively discuss and create features and participate in SCRUM development sprints
What we offer:
- Flexible work hours (32h week for everyone)
- Flexible workplace locations (100% remote is fine) as well as developer community access via two different indie co-working spaces in Berlin and Ludwigsburg
- full support for company pension (Betriebsrente) inlcuding yearly consulting from insurance partner
- additional bonus programs and subsidies
- Work on a major original IP
- Strict no-crunch policies and fair handling of overtime
- Progressive and queer-friendly team ❤️
- Flat company structures. We amplify individual voices and agency across projects, foster personal development and push for empathetic, transparent communication
Our application Process:
1. Assessment of Writing Samples
We first review all of your details with great care. If we see a potential fit we will send you an invitation to a video call or a test within four weeks time.
2. Potential Test
A test (limited to four working hours) isn’t mandatory with us and may not happen at all, however if we feel the need to get a better idea of your process and problem-solving nature we might invite you to one.
3. Interview (Possible Test Review)
You will be sent an invitation to a video call with a team member and a department lead.
If we see a good fit you will receive a full job offer in writing with plenty of opportunities to chat contract specifics if necessary. If we don't feel confident about your application progress we will keep your application on file for future opportunities and encourage you to apply for open positions in the future.
If you believe to be a good fit for us we would be honoured to receive your application! Please include:
- [Job you are applying for] as your email subject line
- Your resume in the body of the email
- Links to your portfolio and any personal work, do not include any file attachments
- Complete the questionnaire below and include it in the body of the e-mail
We would appreciate brief yet reasonable answers to the following questions:
- What is a sustainable work environment to you?
- What project or feature are you particularly proud of? Please explain your contributions and responsibilities in a descriptive, non-technical fashion.
- What makes a good roguelite in your opinion?
- What makes a good narrative for an action game in your opinion?
- Please state your salary expectations based on a 32h work week.
Thanks a lot! Let’s create something meaningful together. ❤️