About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage we're dedicated to forging lifelong friendships, both in the studio and through crafting team-based games.
We are entering the most exciting time in the studio's history, with our largest slate of games in development ever, across multiple genres and platforms.
All of our positions will be onboarded remotely, and work remotely, for a significant part of 2021, as we continue to assess the ongoing and uncertain COVID-19 situation.
We believe people work at their best when they can collaborate in person, but understand that everyone has different needs, and are working on an inclusive flexible policy to reflect that.
Winner of multiple Best Companies Awards, we are advocates for work-life balance, and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
This vacancy is open to candidates that currently have a legal right to work in the UK. We cannot provide work permits for our entry level positions at this time.
Whether they are hard surface architectural, mostly organic or a fusion of both, the worlds that the Environment Artists create here at Splash Damage are not only high quality in terms of their visuals but are lovingly crafted game play spaces.
Splash Damage is looking for an Assistant Environment Artist to join our growing teams of talented developers, helping us to create exciting games that are expertly built and enjoyed by millions.
- Create Environment assets varying in scale and complexity.
- Model assets using reference photographs and concept Art materials.
- Work with the Lead Environment Artist to create high quality environments in keeping with the project's visual direction.
- Produce work within specifications under set deadlines.
- Review and implement your work using the game editor.
- Action creative feedback in a professional manner.
- Foundational Art skills such as drawing and painting.
- An up-to-date portfolio filled with examples of Environment work.
- A good understanding of shape, form and composition
- General knowledge of Physically Based Rendering workflows.
- Proficiency with modelling tools such as Blender, 3D Studio Max or Maya.
- Experience working with image manipulation software such as Photoshop.
- Good communication skills and a willingness to learn.
- The ability to work well within a team.
Bonus points for:
- A relevant Games or Art diploma or Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working within Unreal Engine 4+
- Skills with supporting software such as Zbrush and Substance Painter and/or Designer.
- A mixture of hard surface and foliage asset modelling skills.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTH: Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTS: With 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLY: Industry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSION: All of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDS: We offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKS: We have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.