We're looking for a 2D Artist to help craft the next adventure in the Guildlings
universe! You'll be joining a small team and work closely with our Art Director across the entire spectrum of our pipeline. First you’ll start by imagining concept art for our characters, environments and story scenarios. Then you'll turn your concept art into 2D game-ready assets. This is a full-time, work from home position in either the Western USA or New Zealand timezones.
- Create concept art for characters, environments and story scenarios
- Make in-game 2D assets and implement them in Unity
- Work quickly under short deadlines
- Ability to match our style: simplified and graphic, with a contemporary illustrative sensibility. See this character lineup, Pinterest mood board and our latest newsletter for examples.
- Must have a strong sense of character-driven performance, expression and posing with a comedic flair
- Ability to rapidly sketch, iterate and complete work under short deadlines
- Fully proficient with illustrating in Photoshop
- A good eye for color, visual storytelling, and cinematic composition
- Online portfolio with samples of similar works to our art style
- Self-motivated, and an excellent communicator
- Must be based in US West Coast or New Zealand
Nice to Haves:
- At least 1 shipped (non-student) title, preferably in Unity
- Comfortable importing assets into Unity or other game engines
- Background in hand-drawn animation, storyboarding or comic art
- Experience with Adobe Animate, Toon Boom Harmony, or other frame-by-frame animation software.
- Familiarity with mobile app UI design
- Broad interests, artistic sensibilities, and influences
As a note, “experience” is often a moving target, and skills acquired from unexpected places can prove to be transferable. For enthusiastic applicants whose skill set is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying whether or not you tick every box above. Applications from diverse backgrounds are encouraged.