As a Mid-level Programmer, you will focus on developing gameplay mechanics and systems in Unreal Engine using bespoke C++ code. Working closely with the rest of the Programming team and the wider team across all disciplines, you will utilize your experience for developing gameplay, helping us realise the creative ambition for our unannounced title.
Reporting to the Lead Programmer, you will closely collaborate with artists, designers, animators, and production.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering features, tools, and bug fixes in C++ depending on the project needs.
- Working closely with Design and Animation to expose properties through C++ into the editor for their use, and occasionally needed to assist in debugging and creating Blueprints.
- Writing readable and maintainable code, and participating in code reviews, to maintain the quality of the code in the collaborative codebase.
You will work with:
- The Lead Programmer and the Producer to organise and balance your workload, learning how to provide realistic time estimates for your work.
- The rest of the team in an open and respectful manner.
- You will be keen to learn and adapt to challenges, and to jump into any area of the code to find and fix issues.
- Approx 2-3 years experience as a C++ programmer
- Excellent communication skills; we’re a fully remote studio so keeping people up to date on what you’re doing is important.
- Understanding of programming concepts e.g. OOP, algorithms, data structures, complexity, design patterns
- Understanding of 3D math concepts
- Understanding of game concepts e.g. player controls, AI
- Experience using Unreal, or any other engine
- Experience using source control for collaborative development
- Ability to work independently
- Proactive troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Desire to learn on the job