We are looking for a talented contract artist to help us complete one of our upcoming titles.
The applicant would need to be able to:
- Create characters and environment pieces based on supplied mock-ups
- Work closely with developers and art leads to prepare assets into a polished final product
- An accessible portfolio
- Passion for anime/toon-style art
- Experience in 2D or VFX
- Experience in Animation appreciated but not required.
- Handle critique/feedback cycles.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Track record of on time delivery.
- Competitive compensation
- Working remotely
- Pay rate will be commensurate with experience, quality, and efficiency.
- Applicants will be asked to complete a 2 day paid art test with full instructions on our process and expectations.
Skills & Requirements
We are looking for candidates that:
- Have strong 2D skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to work from concept to create 2D characters that matches our art style
- An understanding of animation and how to prepare a 2D character for movement
- Ability to work from concept to create 2D props and environment pieces that matches our art style
Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
If you feel you meet the requirements please email your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please include "2D Character/Environment Freelance Artist" and your name in the subject line.
About the Company
We're a Houston-based software consultancy with an awesome technical pedigree, eye-popping visual design chops, and a focus on making our clients’ lives easier.
Our team has worked together for over 11 years on many diverse projects including billion-dollar-selling video game franchises, globally-deployed oilfield software systems, and mobile marketing apps for Fortune 500 companies.
What we do:
- Custom software and mobile app development
- Game development
- VR and AR simulations
- Software project management consulting