The Unity Developer is responsible for implementing UI/UX designs and features in games and business apps. You must have extensive experience with Unity in both 2D and 3D (VR is a plus). A strong focus will be placed on reusable code and shared behaviors across individual characters. While you will not be responsible for core architecture itself, you will be responsible for implementing the architecture in the application. This is a full time position. You will be expected to be available to attending daily stand ups, coordinate with a multidisciplinary team, and complete development tasks on time and to specification.
- Implement high quality, interactive 2D and 3D games and features.
- Optimize and Maintain performance requirements while implementing features.
- Attend team meetings, including project kick-offs, stand ups, and additional meetings as required
- Utilize and contribute to company wide code library
Qualifications & Skills
- Extensive experience in Unity 2D and 3D.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate issues and report project design and status to a diverse non-technical audience
- Experience with project management tools preferred
- Available to work during studio hours of 9am to 2pm PST
- Must maintain an entrepreneurial mindset
- Must be detail oriented, quality driven, straightforward, self-motivated and proactive
- Able to accept constructive feedback on your work
- Able to present your ideas both verbally and on paper
- Able to work independently, creatively, and track multiple deadlines to success
- Must be a team player
About Robot Sea Monster
We are a digital production studio with an extensive background in games, AR/VR, and commercial application development. Founded in 2012, the studio has successfully shipped over 38 products, serving major brands such as Blue Shield, Pearson, LO3 Energy, Occipital, and Sizzle Entertainment. Our work has been profiled in major media outlets, such as The New York Times, CNBC, TED, and more.
We are a fully remote company with team members across the globe. Team members are expected to have high speed internet suitable for both work and voice calls. Team members must have a functional microphone with clean audio to communicate with the rest of the team. Additional tools required for the position must be supplied by the team member with exceptions only for exceptionally prorprietary software or hardware required for a project.
Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but all team members must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (PST) Monday through Friday. Workers must be available via Google Hangout, email, and Slack during designated work hours. Additional hours may be required when project completion deadlines must be met as well as for periodic client meetings. Hours will fluctuate based upon number of projects, project scale, and project timelines.