Senior Game Developer
Project Iroh is a MOBRPG that is styled in 2.5D with hand illustrated art and 3D particle effects for abilities. Our aim is to create a persistent MOBA-like experience with socially competitive gameplay that is not only fun, but creates meaningful experiences and friendships that people can engage in for years to come.
Do you love games like DotA, League of Legends, Ultima Online, Eve Online, Runescape, Realm of the Mad God, or MapleStory? Do you yearn to create a game with less grind, more fun, and lots of socializing?
As our Senior Game Developer, you will be working in a team solving challenging problems using C++. You will be developing features and systems alongside our artists that fundamentally shape the product. Our developers have a high level of ownership over their work and it’s important that you can plan and manage your work efficiently. As a senior, we expect you to solve problems and provide guidance using your expert-level knowledge and help mentor other programmers on the team.
How you will make an impact:
- Build and maintain well-engineered C++ code with high levels of stability and performance
- Implement gameplay mechanics, tools and debug tools supporting gameplay development
- Promote consistent best practices, processes, and procedures for game development, quality assurance, and maintenance
- Build and scale high-load distributed systems with microservice architecture
- Solve interesting problems, from designing and building new systems from scratch to optimizing features to be both performant and scriptable
- Collaborate daily with other team members
Your character build:
- Strong software engineer with experience using C++ / C# / Java / Scala
- 7+ years of professional full stack development experience
- 2+ years of experience developing multiplayer games with Unreal or Unity (required)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Bachelor’s of Engineering (preferred)
- Video game enthusiast with a deep understanding of game development, especially multiplayer games
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit that calls you to do build something people love
- Focused on learning, guiding, collaboration, mentorship, and growth
- Familiar with modern consumer web technologies, such as Figma, Miro, and Notion
Our bonus attributes:
Dress: Wear whatever makes you feel most comfortable, PJs are also acceptable.
Vacation: Stay relaxed with our unlimited vacation policy, we don't count your days off as long as you bring back snacks.
Flexibility: Work from home, office, coworking space, or beach.
Wellness: We invest in your wellness, whether you want to focus on physical or mental health.
Health: We’ve got you covered, comprehensive insurance is the name of the game.
Team: Join our awesome team and enjoy cat memes, games and most importantly food!
Salary: We’ll make sure you’re covered, so that you don’t have to stress about your finances.
Investors: We are backed by the top VC’s in the space, including Solana Ventures, Griffin Gaming Partners, Animoca Brands, and more...
Bureaucracy: We don’t like it either, we prefer direct communication and trust that in times of need we will support each other.
If this sounds like you, send us as a message in Discord at Ahmad117#6273.