Possibility Space is seeking a Senior Character Technical Artist to define our character rigging and customization pipeline for our fantastical original IP. We are looking for an experienced and versatile problem-solver to develop a high technical standard for our characters, creatures, and animated props.
As Senior Character Tech Artist, you will collaborate with artists, animators and programmers, and function as the main point of contact for overall rigging needs. You will help develop tools, drive innovation on dynamic systems and be foundational in setting a proper iterative interdisciplinary workflow. Do you love creating unique and intriguing characters and creatures? If you are seeking an opportunity to help populate our world with engaging personalities and encounters, consider joining us!
Reporting to the Visual Director, this role collaborates with disciplines across the entire project through all stages of development. Possibility Space is built to be a distributed studio, where employees can make their lives and work from where they want.
In applying for this job, please provide a link to a portfolio or demo reel of your work. We also strongly recommend you to include a cover letter with your application, telling us a bit about who you are and why you want to work at Possibility Space.
Core Responsibilities & Objectives
- Establish technical standards, pipelines, and performance targets for rigged characters, creatures, and props.
- Design, create, test, and maintain character rigs and setups
- Work with modelers to create models that meet technical needs
- Work with animators and designers to create artist-friendly rigs to satisfy animation and gameplay needs
- Collaborate closely with programmers to build tool chains and set technical specifications
- Develop and support new pipelines for character production process as needed
Core Traits (Skills, Knowledge, Experience)
- Prior production experience as a character TD, character rigger, technical animator, technical artist or equivalent.
- Ability to set up technical animation/simulation setups for things such as hair and cloth for real-time in-engine or for animation
- Curiosity about new ways of seeing and representing established genres
- Strong problem-solving skill and the ability to work with high degree of self-direction
- Ability to iterate and provide mutual feedback asynchronously with other team members
- Strong communication skills: skilled listener and adept in expressing yourself.
- Experience with character customization systems
- Familiarity with Unity’s Mecanim Animation System
- Familiarity with Blender
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, long periods of sitting.
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Prytania Media is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition(s), national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, or common human decency.