This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Programming Jobs.
About Poorly Timed Games
We are a small, remote-only indie studio. We are primarily US-based, but do have some team members abroad. We are really happy to have a diverse studio — as well as a diverse cast of characters within our game — and are always willing to consider diverse and underrepresented minorities. Our leadership is 67% non-cishet white men, and are studio mirrors that as well. Our team has extensive game industry experience having worked on 70+ titles including Destiny, Destiny 2, World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, StarCraft 2, Fortnite, Halo 4, Evil Genius, Ru Paul’s Drag Race: Dragopolis 1 & 2, Mean Girls: The Game, and even the classic Earthbound.
We are currently working on our first (currently unannounced) title: a sci-fi roguelite set in the future in deep space. It is a sRPG with tactics based combat, as well as elements of a roguelite (so the difficulty is a much smoother ramp than many games in this genre). We are extremely excited to finally be able to talk more about the game very soon, as we will be officially revealing the game at PAX West this year (September 3-6). We are currently fully self funded, but should we find a publisher, we hope to make full time offers (at more competitive rates) to the entire team.
- At least four years professional experience programming in Unity (Please do not include school projects in this)
- Strong level of understanding of C#, Unity, and the game development process
- Solid knowledge of algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and 3D graphics pipeline
- Strong experience in professional, collaborative games development teams
- Experience with both data- and test-focused development
- Able to translate design into working features with minimal supervision
- Able to converse in English (typically via web calls, email, & Slack)
- Position is Remote — must be online reliably and hours should match west coast hours.
- Must be qualified to work as a contractor for a US-based company
- Solid communicator
- Translate requirements (such as via GDD or Jira) into clean and efficient code in Unity
- Work under direction of lead developer & creative leadership
- Implement and own multiple game features and iterate with team
- Create & iterate on designer-focused editor tools
- Implement unit tests to verify features function correctly
Nice to have:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools
- Shader experience a big plus!
- Passionate about video games and sci-fi
- Wide variety of game/genre experience
- Experience shipping any game, indie to AAA
Pay & Time Expected:
Unity Developer (Contract): $45-55/hr
Position will start at 20-25 hours/week, opportunity for 30-35 hours/week depending on experience and performance.
- Flexible schedules – Our developers should match core hours (10am – 4pm PST), but remaining time is flexible to your needs
- Unity License (or other software) can be provided as needed
- If you’re in the Pacific Northwest, or will be visiting for PAX, you’re more than welcome to join us for the reveal event!
- Diverse, collaborative team — we are better for our team’s diversity and want everyone to be their own, authentic self
Send Resume (PDF only, please!) AND Portfolio/links.